ROADHAVEN FEATURED ARTICLES
It’s beginning to feel like fall!
Need new fall recipes? Not to worry! This Low Carb Roasted Pumpkin Salad only contains eight easy ingredients and takes less than an hour to make! The flavors of pecan, pumpkin, and sage combine in this simple salad to create a tasty autumnal dish that is still low-carb diet friendly.
Low Carb Roasted Pumpkin Salad
2 Tablespoons avocado oil
1 Tablespoon fresh sage leaves stacked and sliced
1 Pound raw pumpkin peeled and seeded, and sliced into wedges
4 Ounces red onion peeled and cut into wedges
¼ Teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
Sea salt (optional)
2 Tablespoons raw pecans chopped
6 ounces of dijon vinaigrette dressing
Baby kale or mixed salad greens
1. First, begin by preheating your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. You will need two rimmed baking sheets. Start by coating them with any oil you prefer or lining with parchment.
2. In a large bowl, mix the avocado oil and sage leaves.
3. After that, mix the raw pumpkin and red onion wedges with your oil and sage. Toss your ingredients until everything is coated.
4. Next, split up the red onions and pumpkin, and distribute evenly on the baking sheets that you have prepared. Lightly sprinkle both with salt and pepper.
5. Take your vegetables and insert them into your preheated oven. Do not stir the vegetables. Cook until brown and tender or for about 20 minutes. Let your ingredients cool for 10 minutes.
6. In another bowl, take your kale and toss it with the dressing. Top with the roasted vegetables. Don’t forget to add your pecans! Enjoy!
Recipe originally from Simply So Healthy