ROADHAVEN FEATURED ARTICLES
The Importance of Proper Electrical Care and Maintenance for RV and Park Model Homes
RVs and Park Model Homes are popular choices for those who love the freedom of the open road and the comfort of their own space. However, like any other home, these mobile living spaces require regular care and maintenance, especially regarding their electrical systems. Not maintaining or properly addressing electrical issues can lead to devastating loss and even death.
Dave from Cirtcele Electric recently told us, that people typically wait until the circumstances become more apparent, like the loss of electricity in certain areas or seeing their lights flicker. Waiting until you see these warning signs is not good practice and can lead to more costly repairs. Regular electrical inspection and maintenance are suggested to keep your park model home or RV safe and in prime condition.
Why is Electrical Maintenance Important?
The electrical system is the lifeblood of your RV or Park Model Home. It powers everything from your lights and appliances to your heating and cooling systems. A well-maintained electrical system ensures that all these components work efficiently and safely.
Pictured above: Image 1) The bottom of a pedestal rusted and leaned over, shorting out a few years ago at a different park. Cirtcele Electric had temporary power on the same day and a new H-FRAME installed just a few day later. Image 2) Do these types of breakers look familiar? Here is an outdated busbar with electrical damage. Image 3) Cirtcele Electric installing SRP conduits for new service panel. Image 4) New H-FRAME.
Potential Risks of Neglecting Electrical Maintenance
Neglecting the electrical maintenance of your RV or Park Model Home can lead to several issues. These include frequent power outages, damaged appliances, damage to the interior or exterior of your unit, loss of property, and, in the most devastating instances, electrical fires or even death. Regular maintenance and professional inspections can help prevent these problems and ensure safety.
Pictured above: Cirtcele Electric shares an image of a RV that caught fire due to loose connections in the pedestal and hot electrical wiring that never tripped the breaker. The pedestal was from 1984 and obsolete as of 1989.
What is a Park Model Home Pedestal? Is it Important?
A park model home pedestal is vital to your mobile home’s electrical system. Proper care and maintenance of this component can help prevent power issues and ensure the safety and comfort of your living space. Luckily, Cirtcele Electric has pedestals and their patented H-FRAMES® in stock and ready for installations. Having your current pedestal inspected is also a great idea that can save you from a large headache or incident in the future.
Call Cirtcele Electric today at 480-545-9600 to find out more.
Key Electrical Maintenance Tips
Here are some critical tips for maintaining the electrical system of your RV or Park Model Home:
- Regular Inspections: Regularly inspect your electrical system for any signs of wear and tear. Look for frayed wires, loose connections, or damaged outlets and switches.
- Proper Load Management: Avoid overloading your system by plugging too many appliances into one outlet. Always be aware of the power rating of your system and the appliances you are using.
- Use of Surge Protectors: Surge protectors can protect your electrical system and appliances from power surges, which can cause significant damage.
- Professional Help: Sometimes, calling in an expert is the best thing to do. Don’t wait until you see your lights start flickering! Consider hiring a professional if you’re uncomfortable doing these inspections and maintenance tasks. They have the knowledge and tools to do the job safely and effectively.
More from Cirtcele Electric:
Cirtcele Electric is a full-service Licensed, Bonded, and Insured Electrical Contractor based in Mesa, Arizona. We have proudly serviced homes and RVs inside Roadhaven Resort and the surrounding area for several years. We come with much experience and know-how. Our family has been attending to electrical needs coast to coast since 1946 and has been licensed in Arizona since 1989. We look forward to adding you to our list of satisfied clients. “Success is Doing it Better.”
We currently have pedestals and our patented H-FRAMES® in stock and ready for installation, call today – 480-545-9600
We offer the following commercial electrical services:
- Parking Lots Lighting
- Telephone & PBX Sales, Services, & Installation
- Data & Fiber Optic Cabling Installation & Service
- Sign & Monument Lighting Service & Installation
- Aerial & Underground Wiring & Cable Splicing
This article was co-authored and sponsored by Cirtcele Electric.
MORE ARTICLES FROM ROADHAVEN
Looking for a night out that combines live music and culture in the heart of Arizona?
Don’t miss the Phoenix Symphony’s fall 2022 season!
SHARE OR PRINT THIS PAGE